South Texas ISD Health Professions serves high school students who live along the southernmost tip of Texas, the region known as the Rio Grande Valley. Because it is part of a public school district, there is no cost for students to attend, and bus transportation is also free of charge. Best of all, Health Professions maintains an open enrollment policy, meaning any student with the desire to learn and work hard can attend so long as he or she resides within the tri-county area.
Health Professions is a medically-themed high school and is dedicated to creating future healthcare and medical professionals.
The mission of South Texas ISD Health Professions is to provide students with rigorous academic instruction and advanced technical skills that will allow for a successful transition into allied health careers and/or post-secondary education.
- that the entire community shares the responsibility of promoting the success of the school's mission by creating a support system for all learners;
- that challenging academics are developed, facilitated, and maintained by the school community across a diverse student population;
- that a positive and safe school climate is essential to the learning process;
- that the application of knowledge and skills will be an integral part of our instructional programs;
- that students and teachers need to become proficient in accessing, evaluating, and using information, resources, and current technology;
- that students learn in a variety of ways and that classroom instruction and assessment should reflect these individual styles;
- that personal growth is enhanced by increased self-esteem, cultural awareness through positive relationships, and mutual respect among and between students and staff;
- that students will participate in a career program which will enable them to successfully transition into higher education and/or the work force;
- and, that the special needs of each student are identified, addressed, and accommodated.